Notable Departmental facilities
The Deparment of Geology and Geography has invested in lab and field equipment to support faculty education and research focus areas.
- Located on the first floor of Oxendine Science Building
- Remote access from UNCP to the JEOL JXA-8530F Electron Microprobe that is part of the joint Fayetteville State-UNC Pembroke SENCR-MIC facility. We also can use the low vacuum SEM that is part of the facility. See http://www.sencr-mic.info/ for further information on both instruments.
- Research grade petrographic microscope and student petrographic scopes.
- Impregnation equipment for rock samples.
- GPR - MALÅ XV Monitor with 500 MHz, 250 MHz, and 100 MHz antennas
- GPS - 2 Trimble Nomad and various commercial handheld units
- Vibracore equipment
Wednesday, October 9, 2013