[an error occurred while processing this directive]
This is a list of past projects we have organized over the past semesters. Most of them had to satisfy the judging criteria in order to qualify for the regional competition. However, some of them were just some fun fundraisers. For current project, please go to calendar.
- "The Dollar Drop" - Dollars were dropped around campus with notes attached asking to return the dollar to a certain office. This project tested how ethical the students on campus were.
- "Strike At the Wind" - Business plans were written for this non-profit state production to help with financial woes.
- "Fiscal Fit Month" - 5 weeks of sessions for the students and community that explained different success skills and taught some financial literacy.
- "Technology for the Elderly" - SIFE students went to a retirement center and helped the elderly familiarize themselves with the computer and showed them how to use Word, surf the internet, and send emails.
- “Golf Tournament” – A project designed to raise money for SIFE.
- "Resumes & Interviews" - Single moms took seminars that focused on how to write resumes and also learned what to do and not do in interviews. Our Business Advisory Board along with faculty gave interview outfits to all of the participants.
- "Junior Achievement" - Taught in all grade levels from elementary to high school. Teaches financial literacy aspects...like budgeting and credit.
- "Anti-Piracy Video" - Members made a short video that explained how piracy in unethical.
- "Free Market Land " - Middle school students created their own mini-society that traded internationally once a week. They decided what products to make and at what price to sell them.
- “Halloween Corn Maze” – This project was designed to raise some money for SIFE
Friday, May 13, 2011