Perform Mac OS X Periodic Maintenance
- On your hard drive, select Applications.
- Select the Utilities folder.
- Click the Disk Utility application. You will see a window like the one below:
- Select the name of your hard drive in the left pane.
- Click First Aid on the right-pane selection bar.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions.
- When the process is complete, select Quit Disk Utility from the Disk Utility menu. (It is recommended that you run Disk Utility after installing any new software.)
Thursday, May 26, 2011