Step-by-Step: Changing Passwords
Your UNCP network password is the password you use to access the campus network, UNCP e-mail, Blackboard, BraveWeb and any UNCP Web pages which you have rights to edit.
Students and off-campus faculty and staff
To change your network password go to BraveWeb, click on the Change Your Password link and follow those instructions.
Note to Faculty and Staff: When you return to campus, you will need to synchronize your computer's Windows password to your new Novell NetWare password. Follow the instructions below under Synchronizing Windows passwords to Novell passwords.
On Campus Faculty and Staff
From a computer connected to the UNCP Network on campus:
- On your keyboard press the Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys and then release. The NetWare Security box appears.
- Click the button “Change Password” (at the bottom left hand corner). The Change Password box appears. On the left side of the box your network user name and your computer user name will appear highlighted in gray. On the right side is the place to change your current password.
- Click on the space for Old Password and type your current password here.
- Tab or click to New Password and type in your new password. NOTE: The password must be at least 6 characters long and different from any password you have used for the UNCP network.
- Tab or click to Confirm New Password and type your new password in again.
- Click OK.
NOTE: Any other computer that you use that is connected to the network needs to be synchronized with your new network password. You will need to synchronize any of the computers to Novell passwords.
Synchronizing Windows passwords to Novell passwords
- You will need to remember your old Novell Netware password, until you have updated all computers that you use in offices and classrooms that are connected to the network.
- When you login you will use your new password in the Novell Client for Windows box.
- This second box will appear, enter your user name and your old password. Also make sure that the box in front of the "Change your Windows NT/2000 password to match your NetWare
- Then click OK. You should then be able to login normally.
Thursday, October 23, 2008