This page allows you to locate information on Faculty and Staff members of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. The faculty and staff directory listings are updated nightly.
Updated January 5, 2000 | email@example.com | Copyright © 2000 The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- The Faculty and Staff Directory search function is based upon key word search. Key words are terms related to a particular listing that is part of the listing title or name. For example, enter HUMAN RESOURCES in the search field to retrieve a list of all persons assigned to the human resources department. Entering CABLE TELEVISION in the search field will probably retrieve zero results, since there is no department or person at UNCP actually called "cable television".
- You can search in a variety of ways. The simplest keyword search will retrieve the greatest number of results - often not what you want. A more complex search will retrieve fewer results, but each one is more likely to be what your are looking for.
- Use key words which are simple, direct and the most common form of the word. If a word entered doesn't get the result you want, try different forms of the word such as plural or singular. For example, enter human resources (plural) versus human resource (singular); Or, use the wildcard character matching technique to catch all forms of a word.
- Searches are not case sensitive. You can enter the word sports as SPORTS or sports.
- You must use one of the following formats:
- lastname, firstname
- department name
- You must indicate whether to search names or search departments by clicking the appropriate radio button.
- If you can't find someone you are looking for, try looking up only their last name, or even just part of their last name. Looking for DAVID NICHOLUS, enter:
The search may return DAVID NICHOLAUS, BOBBY NICHOLMAN, DAVID NICH0LUS, or CAROL NICHOLS.
- If you are unsure of the exact spelling, enter a minimum of three characters of the last name or the department name. Looking for a STEPHAN, STEPHANS, or STEVENS then enter:
The search will return RALPH STEED, DAVID STEIN, FREDRICK STEPHANSON or a DANIELLE STEVENS.
Looking for an instructor in the English department, click on the search departments radio button and enter:
The search will return all faculty and staff members who work within the ENGLISH THEATRE AND LANGUAGES department.
- The search will only list employees that are valid entries in the UNCP Human Resources database.
- This search page retrieves only campus directory information (e.g. names, job title, department/facility, building in which office is located, the office telephone number and email address) and displays the information in the following format:
SMITH, JANE B
PROFESSOR, ENGLISH THEATRE AND LANGUAGES
DIAL HUMANITIES BLDG. ROOM 780, 910/521-0000
- This UNCP Faculty and Staff Search Directory recognizes wildcard matching.
- The wild card should be indicated by an asterisk symbol.
- This feature is useful if you are unsure of the exact spelling of a name or have only partial information. For example, let's assume you are searching for someone whose last name you remember sounding like Nichols or Nicholus. You are unsure of the spelling. Using the wildcard matching technique you could tell the search engine to perform the search base upon the information you do know. You click on the search names radio button and in the search box, you could enter:
This tells the search engine to find all names with the N I C H letter combination. The system prints a list of all names starting with "nich" and your results list could consist of those people whose name are NICHE, NICHO, NICHOLAS, NICHOLAUS and NICHOL.
- The wildcard character can be used at the beginning of the word. For example, you remember the last name ended in "son", but can't remember anything else of the name. You could enter:
and the system would return every name ending in "son". The results list could include such names as DEANA CULBERSON JOHNSON, JOSEPH GOLDSON, and JOHN NELSON.
- Multiple wildcards can be used. Enter:
and the system could yield BULLOCK, CLOCKMAN, LOCKAMY, and LOCKLEAR.
- The alphabetical directory listing is organized alphabetically by the last name. Clicking on a letter will provide a list of last names in that alphabetic letter's category.
- Note, alphabetic letters that are not underlined indicate no one with a last name beginning with that alphabetic letter currently exists within the directory list.
Return to search.
- Questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed. You can submit them to the UNCP Web Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.