Quick Start Guide for Online Sign-Ups
- Go to the Research Participation website (http://uncp.sona-systems.com)
- Request an account by entering a username and password. (This link can be found on the bottom left of the page under “New Participant? Request an account”
- Enter your name, userid (you must use your UNCP email address) banner ID and course information.
You’ll receive your login information at your UNCP email address
- Log in to the system using the login information emailed to you.
- If there are any studies currently available, you will see them in the list after clicking on “Studies” in the top toolbar.
- Studies that have available times for participation will have “TIMESLOTS AVAILABLE” listed next to the name of the study. Remember, studies and times are added throughout the semester, so log on frequently to availability for participation.
- If you find a study you would like to participate in, click on the study name. You will then see a list of any special requirements. For example, if a study is for left-handed people only, that requirement will be listed, and you should only sign-up if you are left handed.
- If you meet the requirements, click on “View Timeslots for This Study.” Choose a timeslot that is convenient for you and click “Sign up”
- You will then receive confirmation information.
If you need to cancel a timeslot you have signed up for, you can do this from the “My Schedule and Credits” page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Immediately after I login, as soon as I click on any menu option, I am taken back to the login page and I see a message that my authentication has expired. What does this mean?
Your web browser is not properly configured to accept cookies. You should turn on cookies in your web browser, use a different web browser (for example, try Firefox if you are currently using Internet Explorer), or try a different computer. Detailed instructions can be found if you go to the site and enter the url “cookie_help.asp” in place of “default.asp” in the address bar of the browser, when you are on the front page of the site.
Another easy thing to try is simply to use another computer. Usually the computers in university computer labs are configured correctly.
- I participated in a study, but I have yet to receive credit. How do I receive credit?
The researcher must grant you credit. This is usually done shortly after your participation. If it has been some time and you have still not received credit, contact the researcher.
- Who can see the information about my sign-ups? I don’t want everyone to know which studies I signed up for.
Only the researcher and principal investigator of the study may see that you have signed up for it, along with the subject pool administrator. No other users, including other researchers or your instructor, may see this information.
- How do I change the email address where email notifications from the system are sent?
Provide an Alternate Email address and notifications will be sent there. See the Email Address Options section of this documentation for more information. In some cases, this option may not be available.
- I wrote a paper instead of participating in studies. How do I know I have completed my requirements?
View the My Schedule and Credits page and any non-study credit will also be listed there. See the Tracking Your Progress section of this documentation for more information.
- I noticed that with some studies, I can sign up for them again even if I participated before, while others don’t allow for this. Why is this?
Researchers can choose if their studies allow you to participate more than once. Not all studies allow you to participate more than once.
- I attempted to sign up for a study, and I was prevented from doing so because the study I was trying to sign up for is a disqualifier for another study I am scheduled to participate in. Why is this?
If you have signed up for a study that has disqualifiers (studies you mustnot have participated in to participate in that study), you may not then sign up for the studies that are listed as the disqualifier studies. You are allowed to sign up for the disqualifier studies if the disqualifier study will take place after the study with disqualifiers, or if you have already participated in (and received credit for) the study with disqualifiers. The easiest way to sign up for both studies is to schedule the disqualifier study at a time later than the study with disqualifiers.