frequently asked questionS FOR FACULTy
- Who do I call for Blackboard support?
- You may call the DoIT Help Desk at 910.521.6260 or email email@example.com for support. For the Help Desk hours, please click here.
- What credentials do I use to login to Blackboard?
- Blackboard uses the same account credentials as BraveWeb. Creating an account for one grants access to both. Changing your password for one changes it for both.
- What do I do when using IE8 and I am prompted with a security warning asking "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?"
- Click here for detailed instructions and an explanation for why you recieve this warning.
- My students cannot see my course, why?
- Students will not be able to see the course until made available by the instructor.
- How do I make a course available to the students?
- Go to Customization > Properties.
- Then, option 3. Set Availability and choose Yes for Make Course Available.
- Click Submit.
How do I copy content from a previous course into a new one?
- Go to Packages and Utilities in the source (previous) course
- Then, go to Course Copy
- Browse for the appropriate new course as the Destination Course ID
- Select the appropriate boxes (check all the boxes if you are unsure)
- Click Submit
How do I get my course on Blackboard?
- All Blackboard courses are created automatically when the Office of the Registrar enters the course informaton into Banner. The Course Site Request form needs to be submitted only for a course:
- with multiple sections,
with multiple course numbers.
- Upon recieving the request form, DoIT will create a combined course in Blackboard.
- How and when do my courses become populated?
- Courses are now populated automatically by syncing with Banner. It can take up to 24 hours for a student to show up in your course after they add the course through BraveWeb.
- I need a user added to my course as an observer, what do I do?
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the course ID (ex. SOC-1020-800), person's name, email address, and what role they will need within your course. If the user is outside of the UNCP domain, a username and password can be setup for them to use within Blackboard.
Thursday, October 4, 2012