The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies requires that a student:
- Hold an Associate in Applied Arts or an Associate in Applied Science degree from a two-year institution upon program admission.
- Meet The University of North Carolina at Pembroke’s general education core requirements.
- Complete a course of study in a specific Interdisciplinary Studies Major with an earned average grade point of 2.0 or better for the courses taken. At least 25 per cent of the total credit requirements for any particular Interdisciplinary Studies Major must be taken from one or more Academic Departments at UNC Pembroke (UNCP). Only 60 credit hours may be transferred from two-year institutions (including 30 hours credit awarded for completion of Applied Associate degree from such institution). The number of credit hours permitted from any department, school, or college of UNCP will be restricted by discipline specific accreditation standards.
- Transfer or take a balance of elective or support courses to meet the total credit requirements of any particular Interdisciplinary Studies Major.
- Complete all other requirements for baccalaureate graduation at UNCP.
- Two thirds of all Major and Track courses taken toward the BIS degree must be from UNCP.
- College credit in lieu of lifelong learning/experiential learning will not be granted.
Monday, June 11, 2012