news and events
- November 1-30, 2013: American Indian Art Exhibit (PDF)
- November 5, 2013: Panel Discussion: Discipline of American Indian Studies (PDF)
- November 11, 2013: Panel Discussion: Carolina Indians and The American Civil War (PDF)
- November 12, 2013: Native American Student Organization Annual Fall Powwow (PDF)
- November 14, 2013: 4th Annual Native American Read-In: A Literacy Campaign. In celebration of Native American Heritage Month 2013, 18 Elementary education majors, 1 Special Education major, and 12 UNCP Faculty & Staff will read to all of the students at Pembroke Elementary School (PDF).
- November 14, 2013: Winter in the Blood book talk with Dr. Jesse Peters and Dr. Jane Haladay (PDF)
- November 19, 2013: Native American Speakers Series presents Winter in the Blood (PDF). Click here to visit the official website and to view the trailer.
- November 21, 2013: 5th Annual Honoring Native Foodways (PDF)
Honoring Native Foodways has four central goals: to celebrate Native American Heritage Month in November; to help UNCP students, faculty and staff honor, understand, and sample foods that are indigenous to the Americas; to emphasize healthy foods that have been part of traditional Indigenous diets for centuries, and which can still be easily prepared today; and to cultivate campus and community collegiality through that experience we all enjoy: eating! Honoring Native Foodways invites the campus and local communities to this free public event.
- American Indian Foodways and Recipes booklet
- April 10-11, 2014: Tenth Annual Southeast Indian Studies Conference Call for Papers (PDF)
Tuesday, November 19, 2013