Congratulations! You are taking the first step towards becoming a Freshman student at UNC Pembroke. Once you have completed your application, please send the rest of your application documents as soon as possible to be considered for scholarships, financial aid and premium housing. We look forward to reviewing your application soon.
Do You Meet the Admission Requirements?
Chances are if you completed a college prep track in high school, you’re in good shape to apply for UNC Pembroke. To qualify for admission to UNCP you must have:
- Four years of English;
- Algebra I, II, Geometry (or their equivalents), and - if you're graduating from high school in December 2005 or later - one year of advanced mathematics beyond algebra II;
- Three years of science including a year each of physical, biological and laboratory science;
- Two years of social studies including one of U.S. history;
- Two years of a foreign language.
You must also take the SAT or ACT. If you graduated in December 2005 or later, you must include the writing component which is standard on the new SAT. If taking the ACT, you must request this component.
For complete information regarding UNC System-wide mimimum requirements please click here.
At UNCP, we evaluate every application individually to determine your readiness for UNCP academics. So admissions decisions are made on the basis of: completing your minimum high school course requirements; overall weighted grade point average and class rank; plus SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Complete a UNCP application.
- Send in your $45 application fee.
- Ask your high school to send transcripts to us.
- Submit your SAT or ACT scores (UNCP’s codes are 5534 for the SAT and 3138 for the ACT).
Hint: You can complete an application online. Or you can print a PDF of our application and send it in. (To view and print the UNCP application, you’ll need Adobe Reader.)