2014 transfer STUDENT ORIENTATION, ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
Welcome to Transfer Orientation! UNCP is offering several Orientation sessions for transfer students this summer:
- Session 1: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Session 2: Friday, June 6, 2014
- Session 3: Thursday, July 31, 2014
- Session 4: Saturday, August 16, 2014
These sessions are designed to acquaint you further with UNCP and the services that are available to you. You will also receive academic advising with regard to your fall (and summer) courses and will register for classes at the end of the day. Students registering for classes on August 15, 2014 must pay all costs by 5:00 pm on August 15, 2014.
Don't forget to pay the $45.00 non-refundable orientation fee. A $25.00 fee will be charged for returned checks. Additional meals may be purchased at the dining hall for $6.75 per family member on the day of the orientation session.
- To pay by credit card (MasterCard and Visa accepted), contact the Cashier's Office at 910.521.6855.
- Mail check or money order, made payable to UNCP/Orientation, to:
- New Student Orientation
- UNC Pembroke
- PO Box 1510
- Pembroke, NC 28372
If you have completed additional course work since your acceptance to UNCP, it is imperative that you have your most recent transcript sent to the UNCP Office of Admissions. It is necessary that you have this process completed before you arrive to ensure proper advisement and registration. You must have your final transcript evaluation with you at the Transfer Student Orientation/Registration. If you have questions regarding your transcript evaluation before Orientation, please contact the Office of Admissions at 910.521.6262. Students registering for ONLY on-line classes, will need to speak with Distance Education at 910.521.6367.
North Carolina Law requires all students enrolling in five or more semester hours to submit a copy of their immunization records to their respective institutions.
Please submit a copy of your immunization records and complete the Office of Student Health Services medical form (PDF). Return this form by July 31st.
Be Advised: Registered students taking six (6) or more credit hours are required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan, with the following exceptions: distance education students (students taking off campus and Internet only courses) and students who submit evidence of equivalent coverage satisfactory to the policyholder may waive coverage. Visit www.bcbsnc.com/student to waive out of the University sponsored plan. Waiver deadlines vary each semester. If you do not complete the waiver procedure, you will be enrolled in the student insurance and be expected to pay the premium associated with the insurance policy.
If applicable, please visit the UNCP Financial Aid web (www.uncp.edu/fa/) site to apply for financial aid. Please note that UNCP has implemented a deadline for financial aid processing. All required financial aid documents must be submitted before the July 15th deadline. Additional information regarding the deadline will soon be posted to the UNCP Office of Financial Aid web site.
Transfer students at UNCP during the summer semester with fewer than 12 hours of credit, who will not be 21 years of age prior to August 1st of the initial enrollment year and who is registered for a course load of 9 credit hours or more are required to reside on campus for their initial academic year. Depending on certain criteria, this requirement may be waived. For infomration concerning the waiver requirements and to obtain a copy of the waiver form, go to www.uncp/housing/forms.
If applicable, please visit the UNCP Housing and Residence Life web site (www.uncp.edu/housing/) to apply for housing.
- Judicial Review: All students are to adhere to the student code of conduct at all times. The Student Code of Conduct is found at http://www.uncp.edu/studentconduct/code/.
- Students with Disabilities
- If you are a student with a disability and are requesting accommodations, please contact Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) at 910.521.6695.
- Notification of required accommodation must be submitted one week prior to the session date. However, last minute requests for accommodations will be honored if possible.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Braves One Card (University ID Card) Information