Temporarily Unavailable Due to Budget Shortfalls
Nomination Process & Part 1 Criteria
Dear Faculty Partner:
You are invited to identify Undergraduate students in your program who might benefit by participating in our NC Beautiful research scholarship program. These competitive grants provide $1,500 to support your student’s research and training. As a part of the project, a budget is required and NC Beautiful funds can only be used to compensate for these budgeted expenses. TUITION and FEES should NOT be included in the budget. This application process has two parts beginning with the simple check-off nomination.
Undergraduate nominees must meet these preliminary criteria in order to submit an abstract about research efforts underway in your program or department. The accompanying check-off sheet has more detailed questions regarding your nominee. The Nominee should:o Demonstrate ability to be innovative, creative and original in their thinking, to understanding the global environmental picture, North Carolina’s place in it and relate these to their current research
- Be involved in research related to sustaining the health and beauty of North Carolina’s environment
- o Be a full-time student in your program
- Be at least a rising Junior for academic year 2009-10
- Be willing to be an environmental ambassador for NC Beautiful
- For students who wish to enter the competition a second time, the Nominee should:
- Have submitted an application in a prior year, but did not receive a grant
- May have moved to a different level of study or another degree, still meets the above criteria, and the Faculty Sponsor feels that the student is now better qualified
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST GO THROUGH THE PURC CENTER.
Nominees selected from Part 1 process will be contacted by email to move to Part 2.
Part 2 – Project description, detailed budget, and transcripts will be due by March 15.
Announcement of Scholarship awards will begin May 15.
Undergraduate Research Scholars is a program of
PO Box 10155 • Raleigh, NC 27605-0155
919.828.3190 • Fax 919.828.3028 • E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org