Funding through the Student Scholarship Support (S3) can be used to cover the cost of supplies or related expenses for extracurricular, faculty-mentored research/creative endeavors. These funds cannot be used to cover the cost of class projects or assignments. The maximum request amount for S3 is $500. Requests are due by the 1st of each month, with award announcement by month’s end.
Procedure for S3 proposals:
- Proposal must be approved by both the faculty mentor before proposal submission. Only one application per investigator per semester, and one application per project, is allowed.
- Candidates should deliver their completed application packet (preferably in MS Word document or a PDF) through campus mail to the PURC Center, Old Main, or by email to email@example.com by the first of each month.
- Each application must include a completed cover page.
- A statement that describes your proposed research/creative activity, thesis or project. Please limit this portion of the application to 1/2 page.
- For beginning research: purpose, hypothesis, significance, your role in a larger project (if applicable) and methodology;
- For ongoing research: purpose, hypothesis, significance, your role in a larger project (if applicable) methodology, preliminary results;
- For creative activity: purpose, significance, medium, anticipated venues for presentation/performance
- A budget justification:
- project costs
- amount requested
- other sources of funding (existing or sought)
A committee made up of PURC Councilors will review applications. All applicants will receive notification by email regarding the status of their applications as soon as possible after the review. Some applications may be awarded at a reduced level.
A one-page written report summarizing the results of the project must be submitted to the PURC Center Director by end of the semester.
- All funds must be spent within the fiscal year
- Recipients of these grants will incur an obligation to submit a final report due at the end of the award period or in conjunction with a request for extension.
- Each awardee will be expected to participate in the annual PURC Symposium.
Incomplete applications will be returned without review.