This 3-day seminar covers basic and intermediate level concepts, standards, methods, and procedures of state and local government (SLG) accounting and financial reporting. Practical day-to-day accounting methods and financial reporting—and complying with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)—are addressed throughout the seminar, and participants are afforded numerous opportunities to ask questions, seek clarifications, and further discuss points of particular interest. A comprehensive (700 page) course manual is provided for this course.
After attending this 3-day seminar, you should be able to:
- Read, understand, and apply current and future GASB standards.
- Better understand state and local government interim and annual financial statements.
- Understand the entries you may have been making (perhaps for several years).
- Derive the government-wide financial statements.
- Prepare the basic financial statements (BFS) and the financial and statistical sections of the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).
- Explain the essentials of municipal financial reporting to elected officials, non-accountant managers, and the media.
- Help new accounting employees understand and apply contemporary Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Recommend this seminar to a colleague, friend, or acquaintance.