Business Visions 2016 will be held on April, 28, 2016
Office of Regional Initiative is dependent upon professionals, businesses and students to help drive the economic base of our economy in the local community. Therefore, each year, to recognize and promote success in the business community, the Office of Regional Initiative hosts a Business Visions Program and presents awards to students, entrepreneurs and business leaders in the following award categories:
To register for the event click here.
• Masters in Business Administration Student of the Year is awarded to a UNC Pembroke student who has excelled in his/her major and has exhibited attributes for a successful career.
• Associate of Applied Science—Business Administration Student of the Year is awarded to a Robeson Community College student who has excelled in his/her major and has exhibited attributes for a successful career or career growth.
• Masters in Public Administration Student of the Year is awarded to a UNC Pembroke student who has excelled in his/her major and has exhibited attributes for a successful career or career growth.
• Entrepreneur of the Year is awarded to a risk-taker(s) in the free enterprise system, that has identified a potential business opportunity, developed a plan to achieve specific goals and has been successful in accomplishing established goals.
• Business of the Year is awarded to a business that has made significant achievements such as: innovation of leading edge technology/services/products that enhance and advance business opportunities; building or product expansion that creates a positive impact on the local business community by generating new jobs, increasing sales or enhancing the aesthetic value of the property; dedicated service to the general community through consistent support of community endeavors that enhance the quality of life in the region or other notable accomplishments.
• Business Person of the Year is awarded to an executive who makes a significant contribution through success in a local business or industry as well as through contributions to the civic, cultural and social life of the community.
• The Spirit of Unity Award is presented to a person who has shown the ability to identify strategies and activities to respond to challenges in the community in a “spirit of unity”, uniting the community to work towards a common goal for the enhancement and betterment of economic development and quality of life in the region.
For advance reservations, please submit your check for $35 per person payable to UNC Pembroke Office for Regional Initiatives. To reserve a table for eight persons, please submit a check for $250 indicating the sponsoring organization.
Reservations and checks should be mailed to the following address:
Office for Regional Initiatives ● P.O. Box 1510 ● Pembroke, NC 28372-1510
Fax: 910.775.4005 ● Email: www.uncp.edu/rc
Last day for registration - April 26, 2015
For more information or to request special arrangements, please contact the Office for Regional Initiatives:
Location: 115 Livermore Drive, Pembroke (COMtech Business Park)