Student Organization began in the early 1970s as the Lumbee Student Association. Over the years the name was changed to the American Indian Student Association (mid 1970s - mid 1980s) and eventually became the Native American Student Organization
(mid 1980s – present).
The purpose of the Native American Student Organization at UNCP is to promote pride in our Native American Heritage, explore economic, political and educational opportunities of Native Americans and to promote the unification of Native students on our campus.
NASO strives to keep our heritage alive through activities and cultural support for all Native American students.
NASO always welcomes new members!
Please come, join NASO, and take pride in the culture and the rich heritage that was and continues to be the foundation of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- New! Scholarships for American Indian Students
- History of the Native American Student Organization
- Current Officers/Advisors
- Upcoming Events/Meetings
- Photos - NASO Events
- Minutes Of Past Meetings / Agendas
- Other Native Organizations at UNCP
- Questions or Comments? Contact Us