Resources for Course Management systems and related tools
Blackboard, UNCP's course management system, is available to instructors who are interested in online teaching and learning, either to enhance a campus-based course or to create a course entirely online.
Blackboard offers a rich variety of tools for posting materials online and facilitating interaction with and among students. We believe you will be pleased with Blackboard 9.1.
The Blackboard links below reference resouces that vary from Quick-Reference guides to "How-To" videos.
Respondus is a software application (available for Windows only) that removes the drudgery from creating assessments in Blackboard. Although you may need to spend a little time cleaning up your source document, you can have a large assessment (i.e.: a 50 question multiple-choice exam) uploaded and deployed in under 5-minutes. The same process would take HOURS to prepare, 1-question at a time, in Blackboard. Respondus has been site-licensed at UNCP so there is no cost to your department for having this program installed.
- Respondus Overview (Flash) 4:13 min/sec
- Importing questions with Respondus (Flash) 4:09 min/sec
- Publishing an Accessment to Blackboard (Flash) 5:58 min/sec
- Respondus Quick Start Guide (Acrobat) 3 pages
- Respondus Users Guide (Word) 52 pages
- The Standard Format for Importing (Word) 6 pages
- Sample file for import (Word) 20 Questions (12 M/C, 8 T/F)
Moodle is an open-source CMS (course management system) that is being evaluated for use at UNCP. No determination has been made at this point regarding whether Moodle will be selected to replace Blackboard.