How to Become a Tutor
Peer tutors must:
1) Be current UNCP students
2) Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
3) Have earned a grade of B (3.0) or higher in each course they are interested in tutoring
They must also:
- have a firm command of course material.
- possess higher-order thinking skills.
- possess proactive learning strategies.
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be reliable self-motivated workers.
- believe that all people are natural born learners.
- Be ENTHUSIASTIC about learning!
How to Apply
Applications are available online through the UNCP Career Center's Brave Opportunities site. (Look for Job ID 6846 - Peer Tutor)
In addition to the Brave Opportunities application:
*At least one faculty recommendation is required.
*Resumes are welcome.
Submit all supplemental application materials to the Tutoring Program Coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (910-775-4286), or drop off in person at the Academic Support Center in the D.F. Lowry Building, Room 320.