Whenever there is inclement weather, especially during hurricane season, the Library's connectivity to electronic resources is uncertain. Access to BraveCat and electronic resources may be unavailable during and shortly after adverse conditions due to power outages in Wilmington and/or Pembroke. Please read below for specific resource availability.
- The Library's online catalog will be unavailable to both on and off campus users should UNCW lose power.
- An alternative to accessing the Library's holdings is WorldCat.
- Off campus users will need the NCLIVE password to access WorldCat, and should call the Reference Desk at 910.521.6656 for this information.
- Electronic Resources
- The Library's electronic databases and other online resources are available from this On Campus Access webpage.
- Off campus access to electronic resources is limited to the Library's backup webpage and NCLIVE databases. To access any of the NC LIVE resources, users need the current NCLIVE password. Please call the Reference Desk at 910.521.6656 for this information.