Notice: The DNL3C program is being discontinued. Only current and active members are eligible to continue through Spring 2017.
The Discover Nursing: Living, Learning, Leading Community (DNL³C) is an on-campus residential learning community for all levels of nursing majors. The community creates a unique opportunity for nursing majors to live, network, and study together in an engaging and supportive academic and social environment.
Academic and Social Benefits
- Live and learn with other nursing majors in a rewarding academic and campus experience
- Take selected critical pre-nursing prerequisite courses together during freshman and sophomore years
- Attend academic advising, tutoring for specific pre-nursing courses (biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, logic), review sessions, and small group discussions throughout the year to better prepare for the rigors of the pre-licensure BSN program
- Complete a Nursing Freshman Seminar course that is tailored to pre-nursing majors
- Get to know upperclassmen who have been successfully admitted into the pre-licensure BSN program at UNCP
- Meet Department of Nursing faculty prior to enrolling in the pre-licensure BSN program
- Interact with members of the Department of Nursing Association of Nursing Students
- Participate in special events and activities designed to introduce students to the nursing profession (for example: community trips to health care facilities and presentations by speakers from a variety of areas in the field of nursing)
- Guaranteed admission of pre-nursing majors to the pre-licensure BSN program pending completion of admission and DNL³C requirements (See program guidelines for details)
Melonie Moody, MSN, RN
Clinical Assistant Professor
Director, Clinical Learning Center
Health Sciences Building; Office 216A