Students who wish to apply for admission into the pre-licensure BSN program must have fulfilled the following requirements:
1. Admission to UNCP by meeting general requirements for admission as a regular degree seeking student.
2. Successful completion of all 62 hours of general education nursing core (46 hours) and pre-requisite nursing major (16 hours) courses with a grade of C or better at the end of the spring semester prior to entering the nursing program.
3. A GPA of 2.5 (4.0=A) is required for admission consideration. Each student’s GPA is calculated on all transferable college courses attempted at all accredited institutions of higher education according to the UNCP Admissions Office guidelines. Each student’s GPA is calculated on the required 62 hours of general education nursing core courses and the 16 hours of nursing pre-requisite coursework.
4. A GPA of 2.5 in the following mathematics and science courses is required for admission consideration: MAT 1050 or higher, BIO 2110, BIO 2120, BIO 3150, CHM 1300, CHM 1310, CHM 1100, and CHM 1110 (or equivalents).
5. Physical, mental, and emotional health that enables a student to participate in and complete the program (see departmental policies).
6. Submission of a supplemental application to the Department of Nursing by February 15 of the year they plan to enter the BSN program. All applicants will be notified of acceptance status no later than March 15.
7. Completion and submission of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS™) to UNCP before October 31st. The Department of Nursing TEAS™ policy can be found by clicking here.