Be part of the college game day excitement as a participant rather than a spectator!
Be part of building UNCP traditions!
Perform with the “Spirit of the Carolinas” Marching Band in halftime, pre-game, & parades!
Take advantage of potential off-campus travel opportunities with the band!
Build some great UNCP MEMORIES!
Saturday, April 29, 2017 | 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Meet In Moore Hall band room (Room 130); auditions will move outside if weather permits.
- Wear comfortable clothes for movement, equipment work, & dance; wear gym shoes or dance shoes.
- Hair back, no excessive make-up or jewelry
- Open to all UNCP students, female and male
- Prior colorguard/winterguard experience is required! Prior dance training is also helpful, but not necessary.
- Please bring your own flag (and weapon, if applicable); if you do not have access to one, please contact Mary Tardif to arrange to use UNCP equipment.
- Bring water (no soda)
- We will take measurements for uniforms (including shoe size) during the audition day.
- Remember all participants in the colorguard should also fill out an intent form for marching band, available on Mr. Spitzer’s office door, Moore Hall 136. The band director, Mr. Marty Spitzer MUST have your intent form on file! Make sure you fill out all required information completely, accurately, and legibly.
- For further info, contact Mary Tardif at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 | 6:00-8:00 pm
- Auditions are open to all UNCP students! There will be a place for everyone, even if not on the instrument of your choice.
- If you play a woodwind or brass instrument as well as a percussion instrument, your best contribution in marching band may be in the horn line!
- Meet in Moore Hall band room (Room 130)
- Contact Dr. Van Hassel to get the audition music.
- Learn the music for the instrument you wish to audition for (this includes bass drums).
- Bring your own sticks and mallets if you have them.
- The audition process will involve all participants drumming as a line and shifting people around until Dr. Van Hassel has the line set to his satisfaction.
- Remember all participants in the drumline should also fill out an intent form for marching band, available on Mr. Spitzer’s office door, Moore Hall 136. The band director, Mr. Marty Spitzer MUST have your intent form on file! Make sure you fill out all required information completely, accurately, and legibly.
- For further info, contact Dr. Joseph Van Hassel at 910.522.5705 or email@example.com.