UNCP Percussion Department
Welcome to the percussion department website for the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. Here you will find the answers to any questions you might have regarding percussion studies at UNCP. We are a growing department with exciting new things occurring every year. UNCP offers a bachelor's degree in music. Students at UNCP can choose to major in either classical percussion or drumset! If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Joseph Van Hassel at 910.522.5705 or email@example.com. You can also visit us on Facebook at UNCP Percussion Studio.
2015-16 Audition Dates:
November 14, 2015
January 13, 2016
March 19, 2016
April 23, 2016
- August 24, 2015 - Dr. Joanna Hersey, faculty tuba recital, with Dr. Joseph Van Hassel, percussion
- September 15, 2015 - Dr. Joseph Van Hassel, faculty percussion recital
- October 25, 2015 - UNCP Percussion Ensemble Concert with Dr. Joanna Hersey
- October 29, 2015 - Dr. Juan Alamo, guest clinician
- November 8, 2015 - UNCP Percussion Ensemble performs at NCMEA Conference (Winston-Salem, NC)
- November 12, 2015 - UNCP Percussion Ensemble performs at PASIC (San Antonio, TX)
- November 19, 2015 - UNCP Concert Band with Dr. Joseph Van Hassel, percussion soloist
- December 2, 2015 - Shane Reeves, guest percussion recital
- January 28, 2016 - Frederic Macarez, guest percussion clinic and performance
- February 17, 2016 - Sayun Chang, guest percussion recital
- February 27, 2016 - UNCP Percussion Ensemble Concert
- March 23, 2016 - Stuart Saunders Smith, guest composer recital
- March 31, 2016 - Trevor Saint, guest percussion recital
- April 11, 2016 - Transient Canvas, guest recital
- April 18, 2016 - Reflect, guest recital
- April 23, 2016 - UNCP Percussion Ensemble Concert with Sarah Busman and Michael Barnhart
- April 27, 2016 - UNCP Steel Band Concert
- June 25, 2016 - UNCP / Yamaha Sounds of Summer -- Guest Artist Jeff Moore (bio below)
Jeff Moore is an Associate Professor of Music and the Director of Percussion Studies at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. He received his Bachelor’s of Music Education Degree from the University of North Texas and his Master’s Degree in Percussion Performance from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Active in all facets of percussion, he has performed with several symphony orchestras, a frequent performer of chamber music, and performs on drum set as well. Jeff is an internationally recognized percussion clinician, lecturer, and soloist. He has served as the Percussion Director of the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps, and as Program Consultant/Percussion Arranger with several European, Japanese, and Indonesian drum corps and bands. Jeff is an associate editor of Percussive Notes, and is a member of the College Pedagogy and the Marching Percussion Committee within the Percussive Arts Society International.
Jeff is a Yamaha Performing Artist/Clinician, and endorses Paiste cymbal, sounds, and gongs, Pro-Mark sticks and mallets (he has a signature model marching stick), Remo Drum Heads, Latin Percussion, and Real Feel Drum Pads.
Go to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uncp-percussion-group to see archived performances from the UNCP Percussion Program.
The UNCP Concert Percussion Program Proudly Uses: