Welcome to the Mathematics Graduate Program Handbook. For more information about the program, select the appropriate link below.
- UNCP School of Graduate Studies
- Mission Statement
- Graduate Faculty
- UNCP Master of Arts in Mathematics Education Overview
- Master of Arts in Mathematics Education section of the UNCP Catalog contains Program Description, Program Goals, Program of Study, and Course Descriptions.
- Program Standards are adopted from the NCDPI Standards for Graduate Studies.
- Program Policies (From the School of Graduate Studies Graduate Student Handbook)
- Program Orientation Information
- New graduate students should attend the New Graduate Student Orientation, which the Graduate School schedules for the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. The program director will meet with new students at this orientation to discuss specific policies and procedures.
- UNCP Graduate Candidate Assessment System (PDF - requires Adobe Reader) will describe Program Progress. The following are used in the assessment process:
- The Major Products of Learning are displayed in the Rubric for Portfolio Evaluations (PDF).
- Program Quality
- The evaluation of program quality is an ongoing process that relies on personal interviews and formal surveys. The program director meets with every candidate each semester to discuss matriculation and other needs or concerns the student may have regarding the program. Furthermore, the program director uses the formal midpoint evaluation interview to discuss with individual candidates the level of their program satisfaction. Candidates complete formal surveys for each graduate course they complete as well as a formal survey upon completion of the program. These interviews and surveys are monitored by the program director and the School of Graduate Studies and used to improve program quality.