When We Meet:
For the Fall 2013 Semester, we meet at 11:15 a.m. every Wednesday in the University Commons Room 233. We also meet every Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Old Main Room 237. For the Spring 2014 semester, we will meet every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in Room 237 of Old Main.
What is PRSSA?
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) founded the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) in 1968 to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and public relations professionals. UNCP's chapter is one of ten chapters on North Carolina university campuses and one of more than 270 chapters on college campuses across the country.
PRSSA aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and eventually accredited membership
- To serve its members by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to professional development opportunities;
- To serve the public relations profession by helping to develop highly qualified, well-prepared professionals.
PRSSA Code of Ethics/Conduct
I pledge to the Society:
To conduct myself professionally, with truth, accuracy, fairness and responsibility to the public, fellow members and to the Society; to improve my individual competence and advance the knowledge and proficiency of the field of public relations; and to adhere to the articles of the Member Code of Ethics/Conduct by the PRSSA National Committee.
I understand and accept that there are consequences for member misconduct, up to and including membership revocation.
I understand that members in violation of the PRSSA Code of Ethics/Conduct may be further barred from PRSA Membership.
If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, please contact any officer, our president, Chanel Langley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or our faculty advisor, George Harrison, at email@example.com
"Make Par for FR" Golf Tournament
The Make Par for PR Golf Tournament is an annual event that was first established in 2008. Since then, the UNCP Chapter of PRSSA has made it their top priority to foster personal relationships between students and working professionals. A percentage of proceeds earned from the tournament will go towards scholarships to help PRSSA members attend educational seminars, conferences and tours throughout the academic year.
Information for the 2014 Tournament will be forthcoming. This page will include links for players and teams to register and for organizations to become sponsors. So check back with us!
- Tournament Format: Captain's Choice
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams