The Deparment of Geology and Geography has invested in lab and field equipment to support faculty education and research focus areas.
- Located on the first floor of Oxendine Science Building
- Remote access from UNCP to the JEOL JXA-8530F Electron Microprobe that is part of the joint Fayetteville State-UNC Pembroke SENCR-MIC facility. We also can use the low vacuum SEM that is part of the facility. See http://www.sencr-mic.info/ for further information on both instruments.
- Research grade petrographic microscope and student petrographic scopes.
- Impregnation equipment for rock samples.
- Rock saw
- Located on the second floor of Old Main
- Desktops and workstations
- Geospatial and Geoscience specific software
- Esri ArcGIS Suite
- Large format printer