UNCP Serve Voluntary Opportunity
The Office of Community and Civic Engagement currently has a voluntary opportunity as a Spanish Translator. Please visit the UNCP Serve website for more information.
External Opportunities for Majors and Alums
Please note that the links below take you off the UNCP site, to scholarships, fellowships, internships or research opportunities offered by outside agencies. The Department of English and Theatre cannot guarantee the details of any external program, and is not affiliated with the institutions that provide them.
- If you are interested in presenting your work at academic conferences, the Penn English Calls for Papers mailing list and Web site are the best place to find a conference that has a matching theme. This link will take you directly to the "graduate conferences" section of the site. Read the CFP to see whether the conference also welcomes undergraduates--many do.
- This (not entirely up to date) page focuses on undergraduate conferences and journals.
Paid Job Opportunities
- Teaching English abroad can be a wonderful opportunity, but not all programs are trustworthy. One organization that can help you get started is Transitions Abroad. The University of Maryland also has a page of useful information about teaching English in other countries.
- Just graduated and looking for a summer job? The Institute of Reading Development offers summer teaching jobs for those with undergraduate degrees.
- And they said an English major only fitted you to be a barista! Fortuna Enterprises, a coffee roasting and distribution company in Greensboro is looking for a Social Media and Publications Copywriter to develop online and promotional content: and yes, they'd love it if you had coffee serving experience! A latte more information here.
- Allscripts, a Raleigh based healthcare platform is looking for a summer intern in technical writing to work with the backlog of documentation. More information here.
- Yelp is seeking a paid social media intern to work with developing teh yelp NC triangle brand through social media, marketing and writing and research: details here.