English, Theatre & Foreign Languages
English, Theatre & Foreign Languages


There are several things to remember about the advising process for graduate students in English Education:

  • Dr. Roger A. Ladd advises all English graduate students, MA or MAT. He can be reached at roger.ladd@uncp.edu, 910.521.6624, or in Dial 121. Email is generally the best way to reach Dr. Ladd.
  • Dr. Roger A Ladd is also the overall Program Director of the MAT Program, and can probably address questions about the MAT degree as a whole as well as the English/Language Arts specializations.
  • Remember to consult with Dr. Ladd every semester to receive your PIN for registration.
  • Core courses are available on a two-year rotation. Always check the schedule to see whether you should prepare for an upcoming core course.
  • Please do not wait for the last minute to register for courses, especially summer courses. Faculty need to have some idea of upcoming enrollment to be able to plan appropriate class activities, and courses may be cancelled if they appear to be underenrolled.
  • Be very careful with your limited number of withdrawals.
  • MA and MAT programs have been substantially revised in recent years. Be sure to keep track of which catalog is listed for you in Braveweb, and to consult the correct course of study. It is possible to change to a later catalog, should program changes appeal to you.
  • Note that a full-time load is two or three courses per semester, and a part-time load is one or two courses per semester. .
  • Graduate cross-listing policy for Senior Seminar
  • Elective Transfer Form (for MA students in 2011 catalog and later)