Department of Educational Specialties
Dr. Marisa Scott
Department Chair & Assistant Professor, Educational Specialties
Office: Education Center Rm 323
Patrica L. Lewis (Support Associate)
Office: Education Center, Room 102
Fall classes begin Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
Transfer advising dates are June 8th, July 10th, July 20th, August 15th.
The Department of Educational Specialties offers the following education options:
- Bachelor of Science in Birth-Kindergarten Education
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information - B-K Ed.
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information - SPED
- Master of Arts in Reading Education
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information - MaED. Reading
UNCP 2015-2016 RDG Course Descriptions
- Add-on License in Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG) Education
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information - AIG
- Add-on License in Pre-Kindergarten Education
- Concentration in Reading Education
- Concentration in Special Education
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information for Reading and Special Education Concentrations
UNCP 2015-2016 Catalog Information for all Educational Specialties undergraduate course descriptions
UNCP's Teacher Education Program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Each undergraduate and graduate teacher education program area offered by UNCP is approved by the NC State Board of Education.