Department of Educational Specialties
Dr. Betty Wells Brown, Chair,
Professor, Department of Educational Specialties
Office: Education Center, Room 315
Patrica L. Lewis (Support Associate)
Office: Education Center, Room 102
Fall classes begin Wednesday, August 20, 2014.
Transfer advising dates are June 6th, July 31st, and August 16th.
The Department of Educational Specialties offers the following education options:
- Bachelor of Science in Birth-Kindergarten Education
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Reading Education
- Add-on License in Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG) Education
- Add-on License in Pre-Kindergarten Education
- Concentration in Reading Education
- Concentration in Special Education
UNCP's Teacher Education Program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Each undergraduate and graduate teacher education program area offered by UNCP is approved by the NC State Board of Education.