Participation in faculty supervised research is considered by many to be one of the most valuable learning experiences available to undergraduate students, particularly those in the sciences.
- Descriptions of Faculty Research - Brief summaries of the research projects underway in our faculty's laboratories
- Guidelines for Safe Lab Work (PDF - requires Adobe Reader) - Guidelines adopted by our Department for all students working in the lab.
- CHM 1990 "Introduction to Research in Chemistry" - Intended for a student's first research experience, this course involves close faculty supervision and guidance on literature and laboratory work directed towards a common research objective.
- CHM 3990 "Research in Chemistry" - A course providing academic credit and valuable, resume-building experience through participation in faculty supervised experimental research.
- Temporary Department Worker Agreement and Consent Form (PDF - requires Adobe Reader) - Required for all students engaged in research for pay and/or academic credit.
- Research Intitiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) - A UNCP program sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for students considering a career in biomedical research.
- Pembroke Undergraduate Research and Creativity Center - A campus unit sponsoring programs and activities in support of both on- and off-campus research and creativity opportunities for UNCP undergraduates.