The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Eligibility Criteria for Maynor Honors College Faculty Status
The status of “University Honors Faculty” is reserved for tenured/tenure track members of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke faculty who meet and exceed the criteria for consideration listed below. Honors faculty are eligible to teach Honors courses which are scheduled through the Maynor Honors College (MHC). MHC Faculty are subject to review by the University Honors Council every five years.
1. A minimum of two years teaching experience at UNCP.
2. Exceptional teaching performance at the undergraduate level as demonstrated by favorable student evaluation of instruction (both quantitative and qualitative) and positive annual faculty review.
3. An earned doctorate (or its equivalent) appropriate for the academic field.
4. A record of experience in the field of study as demonstrated by post-graduate study, professional experience, scholarship in the discipline, and service to the academic discipline.
5. Documented evidence of recent/current scholarly engagement and production of scholarly work in activities including but not limited to:
a. grants writing
b. peer reviewed publications
c. academic and/or administrative fellowships
d. presentations to learned societies and organizations
e. professional consultations
f. leadership in professional organizations/learned societies
6. Approval/recommendation of the department chair, the college/school Dean, the Dean of the Honors College, the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and the University Honors Council.
To nominate yourself or another deserving faculty member to receive Honors Status, please complete this nomination application and return it to the Maynor Honors College in Hickory Hall. Please contact the Dean of the Maynor Honors College prior to completing an application.