Facilities Operations Policy PP 02 92
Get the Form here!
Purpose: This form is used to request a State vehicle as the mode of transportation for official University travel.
Where to Obtain Forms: The Vehicle Request/Invoice form may be obtained from the UNCP Motor Pool office and on this web page.
Where to Send Completed Forms: The Vehicle Request/Invoice is a five-part form consisting of an original and four copies (green, canary, pink, and goldenrod). When requesting a State vehicle, the department will retain the goldenrod copy for departmental files and forward all remaining copies to the UNCP Motor Pool office.
When the vehicle key is picked up, the Motor Pool office will issue the white and green copies to the driver. The canary copy will be held as the UNCP Motor Pool suspense copy, and the pink copy will be returned to the requesting department to confirm reservations.
At month end, the UNCP Motor Pool office will forward the green copy to the requesting department, indicating the number of miles being billed and the total charges to the department.
Instructions for Completing Form: (Items 1 - 13 below should be completed prior to the Vehicle Request/Invoice form being forwarded to the UNCP Motor Pool office.)
Section I - In order for all copies of the five-part form to be legible, it must be typed. The following numbered items are to be completed by the requesting department.
1. Date: Date form is prepared.
2. Requesting Department: Name of department requesting the vehicle.
3. Account No: The departmental ten-digit account number to be charged for use of the vehicle.
4. Est. Mileage: Estimated mileage for round trip.
5. Purpose of Trip: Specific purpose for trip.
6. Destination: Destination of trip.
7. No. of Passengers: Indicate the total number of passengers that will be traveling in the vehicle.
8. Vehicle Type Requested: Indicate the type vehicle requested; for example, UNCP Motor Pool's mini van is designed for eight (8) or fewer passengers; Motor Pool's maxi van is designed for fifteen (15) or fewer passengers.
9. Travel to Start (Date-Time): Date and time travel is scheduled to begin.
10. Travel to Finish (Date-Time): Date and time travel is scheduled to end.
11. Approval of Dept. Head: Signature of department head authorizing the rental of a State vehicle.
Section II: Items in this section are to be completed by the driver of the vehicle.
12. Driver's Signature: This block is signed by the driver prior to the trip and before the Vehicle Request/Invoice is sent to the UNCP Motor Pool.
13. Driver's License No./State: Fill in the license number of the driver of the vehicle prior to the trip and before sending the Vehicle Request/Invoice to the UNCP Motor Pool office. State law requires that the vehicle driver have a copy of a valid license on file with the UNCP Motor Pool office before the vehicle can be released.
14. Driver's Comments: If comments are appropriate, the driver should complete this section.
15. Start: Date-Time: Date and time travel actually begins.
16. Odometer: The vehicle odometer reading at the beginning of travel must be recorded by the driver.
17. Finish: Date-Time: Date and time vehicle is returned to UNCP's Motor Pool.
18. Odometer: The vehicle odometer reading must be recorded by the driver when the vehicle is returned to UNCP's Motor Pool.
19. Total Miles: Fill in the numerical difference between item #18 and item #16.
Section III: This section will be completed by the UNCP Motor Pool office.
Get the Vehicle Request/Invoice form here!