Click here to see past winners.
2013 Alumni Award Recipients
From left: Hall of Fame inductees Sascha Goerres, Melanie Cobb, Nicole McCorkele Meaddings and Joe Robisch. Ashley Berdeau, Young Alumnus, Dorothy Blue, Distinguished Service and for Dr. Jeff Collins, his children, Jessica Sampson, Tyler and Benjamin Collins
The UNC Pembroke Alumni Association presents several distinguished awards each year to alumni, friends, graduating seniors and those who have shown exceptional dedication to and support of the university. For details on each award, eligibility requirements, nomination forms and past recipients, please click on the awards below.
Honoring the achievements and service of members of the Brave Nation is extremely important to the UNC Pembroke Alumni Association. The most public way in which we honor our alumni is at our Alumni Awards Banquet during Homecoming. The success of this program and the quality of our award winners depends upon the letters and nominations that alumni like you send recommending fellow Braves for our Awards. Here is the process for choosing the annual recipients of the Outstanding Alumnus/a, Distinguished Service and Young Alumnus/a Awards.
- Complete the enclosed one-page nomination form.
- In no more than 2 pages, please detail in a Nominator’s Statement the nominee’s qualifications for this award, based on the expanded criteria listed below.
- You may also submit letters of support illustrating nominee’s qualifications, newspaper articles, clippings, photographs and additional materials as part of the nomination packet. Please do not send originals as these materials will not be returned. Submitting supporting documentation is strongly encouraged.
- Nominations may be made by anyone except the nominee and must be submitted on forms provided by the UNCP Alumni Office.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 29, 2014 by 5:00pm.
- The selection of the recipient is made by the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors. One award is presented annually.
- The award recipient and nominators will be notified by mid-September and the award is presented during the Alumni Awards Ceremony which is held during homecoming.
- The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for two years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.
- All forms and materials should be received by August 29, 2014. Nominator may return form and materials by mail, fax, or e-mail. See information below:
Mail: UNCP Alumni Relations Office, P.O. Box 1510, Pembroke NC 28372
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 910.521.6185.
10. The Office of Alumni Relations will acknowledge receipt of form and/or materials via e-mail to the nominator.
You are encouraged to nominate someone today, so that they can be honored by the Alumni Association and be held up as an example for the rest of the Brave Nation.